Herpetology and Me

The Inside Story: Reptile ownership often begins with a baby Green Iguana

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dealing With Snakes - Safely Handling Encounters


Maybe you’re not the biggest fan of snakes or maybe they even freak you out, but I’m here to tell you that they are actually pretty amazing creatures! My kids still think I’m a bit nutty about snakes, but after we spotted a garden snake in our flower bed last year, I decided it was time to add snakes to the science lesson for the day.

Believe it or not, despite being misunderstood, snakes have some great qualities, not to mention that they are a fascinating subject. I’m not suggesting that you should go out and hug one or become cavalier when on a nature hike. I just think it’s important to be educated on creatures we might encounter and how to approach them. When I decided to prepare a lesson for my kids, I came across a bunch of great resources. I am now sharing them with others, and I thought your readers might enjoy some of these topics. Could you find a home for them on your site?

Maybe here:  http://cultofthegreeniguana.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html?


Snakes: They’re Actually Pretty Cool







I hope you find these resources interesting and educational. If you don’t, let me know, and I won’t send you any more emails. Thanks for your time!



Jenny Wise
 Anaheim, CA 92801






No comments:

Post a Comment